An Email

Monday, February 9, 2009

Annie asked me to post the content of an email I sent out last night.  It goes as follows:


"May you grow up to be righteous.
May you grow up to be true.
May you always know the truth
And see the light surrounding you.

May you always be courageous.
Stand upright and be strong.

May you stay forever young.

May your hands always be busy.
May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes be shift.

May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung."

- Bob Dylan


This is not the time for weak people - for indecisive, frightened, worried failure.  These are the times that make history.  The question really becomes, are we the heroes who these times were made for?  Can we lead others to a better place?  Can we act as though we were young? - going and doing what needs to be done - absent the mindful wisdom of age and full of the innocence that makes us strong and free.

I think we are.

So when you get this email - I hope you feel young.  I hope you feel dangerous.  I hope you feel free.  I hope you feel smart and funny.  I hope today you kick ass.

We'll make it.

James

1 comments:

Annie Loyd said...

Thank you James for your courage, tenacity and perseverance. You inspire me!
blessings of peace my friend~